Thursday, July 14, 2022

I never could get the hang of Thursdays

I awoke to Shadowy Men
on a Shadowy Planet, guitars &
nostalgia signaling me from my
phone, dragging me out of a 
basement nightmare where all my
comics & vinyl were filled with
bugs (also, eggs of bugs)

devastating

~but before that~

there were donkeys on the
deck, an entire family of them just
pissing and jumping everywhere
(their elders spoke English but 
said nothing of consequence)
these eventually morphed into 
my friends, who were holding 
drinks & ignoring me

go ahead &
analyze that

yeah, I'm glad I'm out,
into this blur of a world & 
Kids in the Hall isn't a 
terrible way to wake
~but~
the cat is screaming 
at my door & 
I'm out of cream for my
coffee & 
there's this desert 
in my mouth from the
4am boozy boys

ahhh already
fuck you, Thursday.